I know I said I would be posting weekly, and for those of you following this venture, please don’t think I already fell off the horse. I’ve actually been doing quite well, I’ve lost 11lbs since I started and have continued to lose each week.
For others struggling to lose weight I want to offer some additional advice based on my experiences over the last few weeks.
- Don’t be afraid to cheat - If you deprive yourself of the food and things you love you’ll be miserable. Enjoy a burrito, indulge in a burger, but remember moderation. I’ve tried to stick to only 1 or 2 days a week at most. And that’s usually only one meal.
- Don’t give up - My second week in I was struggling with the workouts because I was tired and sore. I fought through it and the last few workouts have been a breeze. I can definitely see an increase in stamina.
- WATER IS YOUR FRIEND! - I know I brought this up in the week 1 recap, but honestly it has stopped cravings, filled me when I thought I was hungry, and helped to feel a bit more cleansed after eating junk when I cheat.
- Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn - As mentioned before I am using MyFitnessPal.com to help with my efforts and I have it setup to post to Facebook when I lose weight or exercise. Unless you are dropping pounds so quickly people think you are a different person, most folks aren’t going to comment on your weight loss efforts. Give them a nudge, my community and my family have been really supportive of my efforts and the occasional posts keep that support coming.
- Don’t Stress About the Calories - This doesn’t mean go out and eat 6 double cheeseburgers. What I mean by this is that once you get a better feel for portions and the number of calories in certain meals you eat, you can usually gauge your calorie intake without constantly doing the math. MyFitnessPal.com and the mobile app helps with this a lot, but not everything is going to be found in their system and you won’t always be able to track what you are eating. Portion control is key. Get that down and you should be fine.
Thanks to everyone who has supported me in this endeavor. It’s hard to believe that I am now only 20lbs away from my goal and still have nearly 3 months to go. This week I am going to incorporate Wii Fit into my routine. I know it’s not a huge effort, but in between my cardio days it will at least get me off my ass.
I also invested in my first juicer this week, and starting September 5 I am kicking off the Reboot Your Life program as a means of detoxing as well as injecting more fruits and veggies into my regular eating habits.
I’ll get back on track with posting photos and regular posts again Monday. See you all then!